Kiroro, an undiscovered gem located in the heart of Hokkaido is pleased to invite families to enjoy the ultimate family vacation filled with spectacular winter and spring activities. With ski season stretching from late November through early May, Kiroro is rapidly becoming a favorite destination for vacationers of all types offering a convenient location, five-star accommodations, world-class dining and shopping and a host of outdoor activities. With families top-of-mind, the resort has curated a host of winter and spring activities for all ages and an all-inclusive package.
With Hokkaido’s world-famous Japan Powder, unparalleled tree runs, and relaxation and entertainment facilities at guests’ disposal, Kiroro is the quintessential destination for family fun. Family-friendly activities at the resort include:
- Ski Academies: Kiroro offers an array of ski academies for guests seeking to learn new or improve their existing skills, including Annie Kids Ski Academy for children ages three and up; Kiroro Ski & Snowboard Academy with Japanese-speaking instructors; and Kiroro International Ski & Snowboard Academy with English- and Mandarin-speaking instructors depending on the group’s needs.
- Snow Park: A perfect setting for families with sledding, tubing and lots of snow play. The park’s recreation area also features a new indoor playroom for children ages three and up.
- Onsen: Apres ski with a Japanese twist, relax after a day of skiing at Kiroro Onsen, a natural caldera hot spring that flows from the Akaigawa Village. Soak in mineral-rich water and enjoy pristine forest views. Or, relax and detox in Ganbanyoku, the hot stone sauna.
- Snow Raft & Banana Boat: Who needs water when there is an abundance of powdery snow? Instead of whitewater, raft the white snow on a boat hauled by a snowmobile or try a banana-boat for the ultimate adrenaline rush.
- Premium Local Hokkaido and International Dining: Kiroro offers 11 restaurants serving up fresh, local Hokkaido as well as an international array of cuisines to please every palette. From fresh Hokkaido cuisine like Shabu Shabu using local ingredients and fresh produce at Fuga, to homemade Italian at Alla Moda, and everything in between.
- Five Star Combined Tour (Snow Cat & Snowshoes): Adventuring on a snow cat and gazing at the snow-covered forest is an unforgettable family experience. Or, take a private, guided snowshoe tour through the quiet Kiroro Forest– a most memorable outing.
- Ice Star Resort: A stunning new sub-zero winter experience constructed from water and ice featuring the Ice Restaurant with Swiss fondue and other Alpine-inspired favorites, an Ice Café and skating rink.
- Karaoke: After a vigorous day of hitting the slopes, karaoke is the perfect way to end the day on a high note. Sing along with family members at the resort’s Nature Center.
- Arts & Crafts: Families can spend quality time together expressing their artistic sides through gel candle making, music box decorating, glass plate decorating, ceramic plate and cup decorating, and more.
Uncompromised, unspoiled and uncharted, Kiroro offers a ski and snowboard haven with quiet slopes, plush powder and entertainment around every corner. Kiroro has some of the deepest snowfall (20+ meters each year) in Japan, the lightest powder and more off-piste tree skiing.
However, Kiroro is much more than a powder paradise. The resort features three five-star entities: Yu Kiroro, Sheraton Hokkaido Kiroro Resort and The Kiroro, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel. Yu Kiroro, winner of the best condominium development 2018 in Japan, offers 108 units freehold of luxury, ski-in ski-out private residences that are fully-furnished with premium services. Owners enjoy ski valet, a natural indoor-outdoor onsen, 24-hour concierge, fitness center and owner lounge, owner privileges and an all-day dining restaurant.
Sheraton Hokkaido Kiroro Resort caters to skiers and adventure seekers with 140 guestrooms and suites along with three restaurants right at the base of the slopes and next to the mountain center, with easy access to the ski and snowboard academy, rental shop and ski valet.
The Kiroro, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel is a classic luxury alpine resort with breathtaking views of the two nearby peaks, Asari and Nagamine. The 282-room hotel offers mountain vistas from every room, world-class facilities, and five dining options ranging from Japanese to Italian.